Broward VPK Program - Providers
Voluntary Prekindergarten Education (VPK) Program Provider Information
Thank you for your interest in Florida’s Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program (VPK). To deliver the VPK program, you must complete two application forms (Form OEL-VPK 10 (Provider Application) and Form OEL-VPK 11 (Class Registration). These forms must be completed and mailed or delivered to Family Central, Inc., 840 SW 81st Avenue, North Lauderdale, FL 33068. Please note, If you previously submitted the pre-application on the Florida VPK Website, you must still complete and submit both forms.
VPK Provider Reminders
In accordance to VPK rules, regulations and local policy, providers will not be reimbursed for the following:
- Accepting and providing services for a VPK child without an approved VPK certificate.
- Starting a VPK program without an executed agreement signed by the Early Learning Coalition of Broward.
- Starting a VPK programs with less than 4 VPK children in a classroom.
- Unauthorized VPK teachers and assistants in the classroom. All VPK classroom changes must be submitted to Family Central within 14 days of the occurrence. Changes must be reviewed and approved by Family Central in order to ensure payment.
- Attendance sheets submitted after the third working day of each month
- Certificates submitted after the last day of the month.
- Please note that VPK payments are released by Family Central on the 20th of each month. For those with direct deposit, your bank's relationship to the Federal Reserve System determines when the monies will be accessible in your account.
The sale or transfer of a child care business
For those buying a child care provider business with a VPK program:
- Let Family Central know as far in advance as possible of your plan to buy an existing facility with a VPK program. This will help ensure all paperwork, documents and trainings are completed in a timely manner.
- Expect a lapse in service between the time you receive your license and the time your VPK Agreement is signed by the Early Learning Coalition of Broward County. This may take 2 - 4 weeks. Providers will need to make up this time in order to complete the required 540 or 300 hours of VPK.
- All new VPK providers are required to attend the VPK orientation offered by Family Central before starting services. Please see "Provider Orientation" below to register to attend.
VPK Provider Registration
School Year 2014-2015 Provider Registration, Summer 2015 and School Year 2015-2016
VPK Provider Communications
VPK Provider Guide
VPK Provider Resources
VPK Provider Symposium
Thank you for a successful 2014 Symposium! Please click here for the presentation.