Birth Through Five Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Training Program Online
At successful completion of this course and have met the FCCPC objectives, you will have fulfilled the FCCPC requirement for 120 hours of formal education in specific child care competency areas. We will work with you to develop the professional portfolio, and if you choose to apply for the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™, we will prepare you with everything necessary to apply and take that next step. At the end of this course, you will have what you need to apply for the CDA National Credential certification.
All registered students at Training Academy are responsible for knowing the policies, expectations, procedures, and information contained in this handbook. Failure to read this Student Handbook does not excuse students from the requirements and regulations described herein. There are times that items in the Handbook are changed or updated; You will be informed of those changes or updates as needed.
Click here to read the FCCPC/CDA Online Student Handbook
The Birth Through Five FCCPC Online Course Outline communicates important information about the class assignments, assessments, and evaluations.
Click here to review the FCCPC Online Course Outline
Recognize the role of a preschool teacher, and identify the various tools they use to enhance their teaching skills with their own style.
Learn the important elements of a lesson plan to create a meaningful experience that will enrich the learning outcomes of every child.
Describe the importance of family engagement and explain the impact on the classroom.
Identify the requirements necessary to obtain the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ and prepare a plan to meet those requirements.
1. Valid photo I.D.: Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Child Care Transcript with the 45 Hr. State Mandated Childcare Training completed. This can be found on the MyFlorida.com website.
3. Original High School Diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. High school diplomas issued by private schools that are registered with the Florida Department of Education will also be accepted. If a high school diploma is earned outside the U. S., it must be translated by someone who is a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
4. Employer Verification Letter: At least 400 hours employed or volunteering in a child care setting which must be verified in writing on company letterhead.
*Be prepared to upload copies of these documents to be reviewed with your registration form below. You may also download the registration form, complete the hard copy and email or fax all documents to Family Central Training Academy.
Email: FCI-TAcademy@familycentral.org or FAX: (954) 724-4082
Please contact our office at (954) 724-3850 or email us with your questions.
Minimum Technology Requirements
Computer Hardware Requirements
- Internet Access: High speed internet connection such as cable modem or DSL
Operating System Requirements
- PC: Windows XP SP3 and newer
- Mac: Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) 2010 or higher
- Drop Box (optional)
Your web browser is the program (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or your Internet Service Provider’s screen) that allows you to access the Internet.
NOTE: Using the newest version of browser is highly recommended.
Choose the bundle with the specialization of your choice. Click on the links below to take you to the CDA Council website where you may purchase the set at a discount. You may purchase the textbooks from any merchant you choose, however all three textbooks are required for this course.
Preschool Specialization Infant/Toddler Specialization Family Child Care Specialization
Currently Enrolled Online Training Academy Students
Family Central, Inc. is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.