Palm Beach County
The Birth Through Five Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) and Child Development Associate (CDA) National Credential Course is the “best first step” for career advancement in early learning. This interactive, hands-on course covers all aspects of achieving the FCCPC and covers the training requirement and compilation of the Professional Portfolio for the National CDA. A variety of early childhood subjects are explored. Along with the classwork, every participant completes Field Assignments and is observed in-interacting with children in a classroom setting.
This course is 16-weeks (4 months) long that and merges the convenience of an online training with Instructor-Led technical assistance. Following a weekly schedule, the student will be completing course work at their convenience at home, and meet with the Instructor once a week to get technical assistance, review objectives, and complete module tests.
Participants MUST read, write and speak English. To receive CEU certificate, participants-pants must adhere to the attendance policy as per registration form and flyer, actively participate in class discussions and exercises, complete all assignments, complete and submit self evaluation. Family Central reserves the right to cancel classes at any time. Dates are subject to change.
EARN COLLEGE CREDITS!
Flexible Payment Plans!
1. Submit a photograph of a valid Photo ID. Participant must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Submit your Child Care Transcript. 45 Hr. State Mandated Childcare Training completed
3. Original High School Diploma or GED.
4. Submit an Employer Work Verification Letter (click here for guidelines) verifying that you've completed at least 400 hours working or volunteering in child care in the last 3 years.
T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Program: Funded by the Florida Office of Early Learning provides scholarships for early care educators to work towards earning your FCCPC credentials in early childhood education.
Apply online at https://www.familycentral.org/scholarships
1. Complete the Registration Form online (a new window will open)
You will need to upload the following documents:
-Child Care Training Transcript (45 Childcare hours required)
-Photo (JPG or PNG) of your valid photo ID
-Copy of High School Diploma